Intact Aqua™ is a new pelleting aid that has been formulated especially for the shrimp feed industry. The use of Intact Aqua™ will reduce the consumption of PMC/synthetic binders, without compromising on water stability.
One of the main challenges for a shrimp feed producer is to reach the desired conditioning temperature, which is essential to fully utilize the binding properties of the natural components. Intact Aqua™ will allow production at a higher temperature (e.g. 105°C) without destroying valuable key nutrients and process equipment.
Furthermore, Intact Aqua™ provides more stable operating conditions, with fewer blockages and a more constant resistance in the die, which lead to less variation and fines in the finished product.
Other benefits include energy reduction and overall cost savings. Intact Aqua™ should be used at the same inclusion rate as PMC/synthetic binders.
Intact Aqua™ offers a number of potential benefits to the shrimp feed producer:
- Optimum water stability assured
- Green effect: reduced use of PMC/synthetic binders
- Possible to reach the desired conditioning temperature
- Stable operating conditions
- Lower energy consumption / higher production rate
- Lower cost in use than synthetic binders
- Source of natural antioxidant